Un histoire de Rokugan
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Un histoire de Rokugan

Un histoire de 5 Rings.

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

Scène: Tea for two

AuteurMessage
Kitsu Ha
Invité

Scène: Tea for two Empty
MessageSujet: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeLun 22 Mai à 14:36

[OUT OF CHARACTER: Avec l'accord de Julien, voici une série de MP que nous avons échangés pour discuter certaines choses. Nous les rendons publiques pour enrichir l'experience de cette campagne pour tous.]

Akinaru:

A few days after the battle in the stadium, Akinaru approaches Kitsu Hajime in the evening while everyone is either in bed or getting ready to turn in. He seems hesitant at first, but settles down as he begins to speak.

Kitsu-san, so sorry, I know it's late, but would you care to join me in the garden for tea? I would like to speak with you if I may.

Hajime:

The door to the Bridal suite reveals Hajime in full dress. He seems a bit flustered; as it seems he and Sae have just had another argument, this one, a bit louder than usual. Hajime is genuinely glad to meet his guest however, and it shows by the pains he takes to observe proper etiquette and decorum in receiving the Bayushi.

Greetings Bayushi-san, I am honoured by your visit.

I believe there is wisdom in such a meeting at this time. Secret currents are afoot and it is good for us to finally speak. There are also things that I would like to address as well.

Let me summon the maid so that she may prepare the pavilion conveniently for us.

The two samurai make their way to the Temple Pavilion following the stone path illuminated by the garden lantern. On this nice summer night, fireflies can be seen dancing around, glowing like miniature motes of light.

Akinaru:

The two men take place in the temple pavillion. The night is cool but a nice warm breeze announces the arrival of summer and makes air comfortable. The maid quickly comes in and serves them tea before disappearing when told that she will not be needed anymore tonight. Akinaru takes a sip of tea, only putting down the cup when he hears the maid closing the main pavillion door. He clears his throat.

Kitsu-san, allow me to be blunt, you seemed reluctant to talk in detail about the Ancestors that have been following our group and I wish to know why.

Hajime:

While looking downwards at his cup of tea, Hajime nods solemnly.

What you say is true, I have been very discreet about this matter...

I see it as protecting the intimacy between an Ancestor and his Descendants. Most of what is going on between the Ancestor and his Descendant are private family matters, which should not concern me at all. All that should concerns me is that a Descendant offers proper prayers to his Ancestors, and that Ancestors do not harm those dwelling in this world. I will only intercede to maintain the balance of the Celestial Order.

With a wry smile, Hajime quickly adds, “I will also incessantly nag those around, so as to incite them to perform proper Ancestral Rites. I am certain your forbearers would be proud of what you have accomplished so far, Bayushi Akinaru, and that perhaps it would be a good for you tell them in person, neh?”

Both men's teacups have been drained already, and the Kitsu priest takes a short pause to fill them up. A subtle shift in the air, and the mood in the pavilion has changed. More serious now...

It has occurred to me that we now occupy an important role as a Jade Magistrate's assistants. Our duties have grown with this appointment, and we must handle these responsibilities very seriously. The lives of many hang in the balance, and if we act rashly by our actions, we may condemn many innocents. Every precaution should thus be taken. Therefore...

Please tell me what you need to know about the Ancestors here, and I will brief you to the best of my ability.

Dernière édition par le Mar 23 Mai à 9:08, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Julien

Julien

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 0:59

The bushi frowns slightly. Unconsciously, his thumb plays with the hilt of his katana. He sips his tea as the Lion finishes his long-winded intervention. Once sure that the Kitsu is done, he voices his doubts.

I wish to know whether any of the Ancestors following us is mine.
Kitsu Ha
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 9:25

There are none here who are your forefathers. You currently have no bond to the Spirit Realms. I hope this is the answer you were expecting.

If not, then this sad state of affairs can be easily remedied if you practice certain rituals to honnor the Ancestors.

Hajime takes another sip of tea while awaiting Akinaru's reply...
Julien

Julien

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 12:39

Akinaru seems relieved for a second before returning to a more serious expression. He yawns slightly and finishes his tea.

Thank you for your time, Kitsu-san, but it is late and we should get some sleep. I wish you and your wife a pleasant night.

The Bushi bows and then rises to leave.
Kitsu Ha
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 15:14

Just as Akinaru is about to rise, Hajime interrupts his movement....

My apologies, Akinaru-san, but can you spare me a additional moment of your time? I understand it is late in the night, and that tomorrow's tasks will bear upon us swiftly, but I would petion a favor from you.

I beg of you, kind sir, please hear me out.

Hajime bows low.
Julien

Julien

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 15:48

The Scorpion hesitates, then finally sits back down.

Very well, Kitsu-san, how may I be of help to you?
Kitsu Ha
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 16:09

With determination in his voice, Hajime answers.

Please accept to become a Sensei to me, so as to teach me the Way of the Bushi.

I will be a good student, I swear!
Julien

Julien

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMar 23 Mai à 16:25

Akinaru's surprise is obvious. He goes to speak, but changes his mind. He remains quiet for a bit, carefully considering the Lion's request. He answers slowly, still a bit taken aback.

I am honored by your request, however I am unsure as to whether or not I would be an adequate teacher. Are you sure you wish to learn from me? I can teach you to wield the sword well enough, but I have no School to teach you or training as an instructor. Would you not rather learn from a Sensei from a respected Dojo with a time-tested technique?

Besides, learning the Way of the Sword is a time-consuming endeavour. Why do you wish to put aside what you have been studying for your entire life? I do not wish to offend you, but I hope you aren't only doing this to impress your wife...
Kitsu Ha
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMer 24 Mai à 14:20

Bayushi Akinaru-san, I am absolutely certain that you will be a worthy teacher. Of this I have no doubt whatsoever: With my own eyes, I have seen you defeat in duel some of our finest Matsu warriors, and I have also seen you slay dreaded Oni in desperate battle. Your blade is swift, and this is something that you may pass on. From you, I will learn to wield the katana as lightning.

Also, I agree with you that learning the Way of the Sword will be a major effort, both for the student and for the Sensei. So as to relieve the burden on your schedule somewhat, I will take on multiple teachers. Each will guide me in a certain aspect of the warrior arts. I plan on requesting assistance from both Toku Anaya and Daidoji Murai, if you have no objection this. With multiple Sensei, I can receive a rapid and complete curriculum on swordplay with a minimal amount of workload on my teachers. This will also allow me to learn the basics of a well-rounded fighting style.

For practical reasons, I must forego formal training at a Dojo. I do not have this luxury now. Our Patron, Akodo Kenji, is sending us far and wide to perform mission for the preservation of the Empire and I can never stay at the same location for long. Maybe later I will be able to benefit from formal training, but not now. I have many good Companion-Sensei who can teach me the basics as we go along. This is far more interesting way to train, don’t you agree?

As for my reasons in taking up arms, they are many-layered.

For example, I could tell you that our duties as part of Akodo Kenji’s entourage are dangerous, and that adding another blade to the group is most welcome. There is a day, and this day is coming soon, when I will have to face down a creature of darkness on my own. When dealing with a Maho-Tsukai, I do not believe that exquisite calligraphy and courteous etiquette will be as useful as basic training in kenjutsu and a well honed katana at my side.

Or perhaps it is the fact that I will have a family soon? A man should be able to defend his family. A man should not always have to depend on his wife to defend his honour in duel. And again, we live in violent times. Who will protect Sae when she is heavy with child? I have to be a man and be ready to defend my family.

Or even the following: The Lion are a proud warrior’s clan, and yet here I am, unable to wield a sword in the simplest of ways. How shameful. How can I protect my clan and the Empire when the call for battle comes forth? Shall I be a burden or a asset to them? Yet again, I must learn to fight.

All of these reasons would be valid in of themselves for me to embark upon the path of the warrior. However, here is the TRUE reason... What I am about to say must remain between the two of us. Sae must never know we have spoken of this. I trust I have your word of honour.

Pausing for a moment for breath, Hajime observers the Bushi before him carefully. Deciding that he can be trusted, the Kitsu resumes his explanations.

My wife is not well, Akinaru-san, and I am not just talking about the sake binges and alcoholic stupor that we witness from time to time. There is something much deeper going on here.

Every night, her sleep is restless. Always she tosses and turns about. It almost seem as if she is fighting something in her dreams. Often she will wake in the middle of the night with a cold sweat and sobbing in terror. And the only times I ever see her sleeping peacefully is after she has emptied at least half a dozen sake bottles before going to bed...

I have tried broaching the subject with her on many occasions, but always she avoids speaking about it. This is maddening, I tell you! Although we are not such a close and intimate couple, and Sae can be a difficult woman at times, I cannot bear to see her suffer like this every night.

In desperation, I have called upon the wisdom of the Ancestors.

Their reply was that they could indeed tell me about Sae’s condition, but that I would never truly understand the meaning or their words, that only a true warrior would ever understand. If that is the only way for me to help Sae, then I begged them to help me become a warrior. They have agreed to guide me in their fashion, but I have to do my part as well. And so, this is how it has come about that I now I seek Sensei for tutelage.

So once again, I ask of you Bayushi Akinaru, please accept me as your student.
Julien

Julien

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeMer 24 Mai à 22:16

The Bushi scratches the back of his head as he considers the Priest's words. He then sighs and smiles at Hajime.

Well, I know a losing battle when I see one and you are determined to win this one. I accept to be one of your Sensei, Kitsu Hajime-san.
Kitsu Ha
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Mai à 14:52

Bowing low, forehead to the ground, Hajime responds with gratitude.

Domo arigato, Bayushi-sensei!

Know that I am in your debt, Akinaru-san.

Now, kind sir, please let me finish with the tea set here. I will take care of these things and prepare the temple for tomorrow’s prayers. You have been very patient at my long-winded speech; I have surely been abusing your generosity for far too long, and will hold you no longer as my prisoner.

Once more, the Kitsu bows low to Bayushi Akinaru. At the proper moment, the priest begins cleaning up pavilion for the next day's rituals.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Scène: Tea for two   Scène: Tea for two Icon_minitime

Scène: Tea for two
Page 1 sur 1